FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Quality Drop and other problems?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Hung
Video Quality Drop and other problems?
on Aug 13, 2010 at 2:34:05 pm

Hello,
I spent the morning editing a sequence - fixing the audio in Soundtrack Pro and then color correcting and rendering.

Everything's fine, except when I export it, the dimensions are incorrect. I thought it was an exporting problem, but I realized that there is something wrong with my sequence settings.

At full resolution, each of my clips are viewed at 24% (to fit the screen). The entire sequence dropped in quality, and is viewed at 74% in order to be the "same size" on my screen as the 24% clips from my camera.

Also, my other sequences that work fine don't display black letterboxes within the video; they are simply cut off of the frame. In this problematic sequence, there are black stripes at off-frame areas in other sequences.

I tried imitating sequence settings, but it didn't work - the entire clip shrunk in size, so that on the viewer, you see the video in a small box within a big black square.

I'm unable to identify the exact problem, and I understand it might be a bit misleading. But any information would be appreciated.

Also, I tried copy and pasting clips from this sequence into another one that worked; the clips are still in poorer quality and at a different size

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Video Quality Drop and other problems?
on Aug 13, 2010 at 4:42:41 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Firstly, what was the original shooting format?

In what format was the footage captured?
What are your sequence settings? (Press CMD+0 in your timeline)
What settings did you use to export?

If the answer to the first question differs from any of the others then you will have identified where the problem arose. Let us know and we can suggest a solution because at the moment there isn't enough detail to do more than make educated guesses.

Thanks,
Alex

Salad Daze Films - Freshly Tossed
Check out my latest addition to the Creative Cow Reels Section

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]