FORUMS: list search recent posts

Centering audio on import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Drum
Centering audio on import
on Aug 12, 2010 at 9:25:57 pm

One of the great features I was used to on Avid was the wide range of control I had over import preferences. Specifically, I found it useful to center the left and right channels of my video clips on import because for the most part, I was keeping soundbites and natural sound centered and leaving only my music tracks panned left and right. Unfortunately, the only way I've found you can do this in FCP is to go back after the clips have been imported and center them one by one. It is a painstakingly slow process. Is there any way to do this on import? Or at least to apply this to all of the clips at one time once they are in the bin? I guess I should point out that I am using SDHC media with quicktime files so there is no I/O device in the loop.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Centering audio on import
on Aug 12, 2010 at 9:55:00 pm

In Log and Capture or Log and Transfer, click off the Stereo for the tracks and then each channel comes in as mono and it is panned to the center.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Drum
on Aug 12, 2010 at 9:59:09 pm

Do I have to use the log and capture and/or log and transfer tool?

I shoot on a JVC GY-HM700U and the beauty of using their SDHC card format (with quicktime files) is that they can be imported directly into the bin. They are FCP ready so I don't have to bother with log and transfer.

Is this the only way you know of to control audio?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 12, 2010 at 10:59:25 pm

Panning info can be copied and attributes pasted to a group of clips.

Return to posts index

Christian Raaum
on Aug 17, 2010 at 6:47:18 pm

I have the same set up. When I import the files from the external hard (not log and Transfer)
the audio is a stereo mix. How can I change that so I have separate control of the 2 tracks?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]