FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fine in Viewer, wierd letterboxing in Canvas

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Andrews
Fine in Viewer, wierd letterboxing in Canvas
on Aug 11, 2010 at 9:10:08 pm

Hi,

So I'm editting with a file I reversed telecined and converted to Apple ProRes 422 for Progressive Formats. Originally the file was a 1080i transfer of 4:3 16mm footage. When I made it ProRes I cropped out the letterboxes on the side of the 16:9 image so the exported file would be 4:3.

When I load the ProRes file in the Viewer it looks fine, but in the Canvas the 16:9 letter boxes are back and the image is smaller.

Here's a screen shot:

http://tinypic.com/r/296myhl/4

I tried fooling around with the aspect ratio settings in Sequence>Settings but they all crop the image wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Cory

Return to posts index

Brian Miller
Re: Fine in Viewer, wierd letterboxing in Canvas
on Aug 11, 2010 at 10:18:57 pm

ok start by making a new sequence, setting are irrelevant. drop your footage into the sequence and say YES when it asks to change the sequence to match your footage. Set your viewing scale to Fit to Window on the canvas and tick the correct for aspect ratio box. how does it look now?

Return to posts index

Brian Miller
on Aug 12, 2010 at 3:45:58 am

Good! Going forward you can check the anamorpholic box under sequence settings and also enable the anamorphic column in viewer and tick on anamorphic check mark. One other thing to remember is that displaying anamirphic is usually incumbent on the display. I just delivered a 16:9 file at 720x480 23.98 with no distort. The export looked 4:3 squished but the blue ray authoring house popped it out to 16:9. If you author a 16:9 DVD but play it on a 4:3 screen it will letterboxed. Also like when you layoff an anamorphic sequence to digibeta. Unless you set your display to 16:9 it will look squished...

Return to posts index

Cory Andrews
on Aug 13, 2010 at 12:21:51 am

It didn't work because I already editted my video in this timeline. If I bring the original video file I cut up your suggestion works, but the cut footage has this 16:9 letter box attached to it.

Thanks for you help. Maybe I just need to crop it again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]