FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes (Proxy) for final output - Floplayer and video for the web

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Laslo
ProRes (Proxy) for final output - Floplayer and video for the web
on Aug 11, 2010 at 6:39:05 pm

Hi All,

I have just purchased a HMC-150 camera and am trying to figure out a workflow for AVC-HD that optimizes productivity as well as backup.

My plan right now is to

1. Copy all AVC-HD media off of SD card and store in a folder as a master backup - this will also get backed up to a time capsule drive

2. Transcode to ProRes Proxy and edit ProRes Proxy

My question is if the final output is going to the web and will be played through Floplayer which I believe supports H.264 and is currently playing back .flv files - would ProRes (Proxy) be sufficient quality to go to the web or is there a problem with this.

Also does anybody have suggestions as to the best way to convert videos to work with Floplayer or have another simple solution to get high quality playback on the web. Our videos currently look great when they come out of FCP but they get blurry when going to the web.

Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: ProRes (Proxy) for final output - Floplayer and video for the web
on Aug 11, 2010 at 6:53:10 pm

There is no much relation between the codec and the size of the picture (web).
Videos shot in 35mm and post-produced Uncompressed look better in a web than videos made in DV.
Is to you to go to the "good enough" or to go to a higher quality when your system allows you.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: ProRes (Proxy) for final output - Floplayer and video for the web
on Aug 11, 2010 at 7:50:12 pm

I wouldn't use Proxy, except in an offline. At the very very least, use ProRes LT for your final master.

You can bring everything @ Proxy, then "online" to LT the final footage and sequence using only the clips in the edit. This would require a relog and transfer to ProRes LT. It's very easy.

Sorry, I can't comment on Floplayer as I have never used it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]