FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 - Sequence Marker Name Field - how to show full name

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Miller
FCP 7 - Sequence Marker Name Field - how to show full name
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:56:02 pm

Hello-

I'm using sequence markers in FCP 7 to type out lines from an interview and some have gotten quite long. When I enable overlays, I only am shown the first 2 lines of my marker name text and the rest gets cut off.

Is it possible to increase the amount of text displayed as an Overlay? If so, could someone please explain how?

Thanks!
Josh

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: FCP 7 - Sequence Marker Name Field - how to show full name
on Aug 11, 2010 at 6:44:20 pm

That's all there is.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Don Burton
on Oct 31, 2010 at 7:32:48 pm

Hi Tom, I just posted a similar question on another post before finding this answer. Sorry for the repeat. However, I'd like to confirm. Prior versions of FCP (before 7.0) showed more than two lines. Are you saying this function has been taken away in FCP 7.0? Is there any way to get it back? Thanks again!

Thanks! - Don

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 31, 2010 at 8:14:47 pm

What version do you have? In 7.0.3 I can get 19 lines of comments.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Don Burton
on Oct 31, 2010 at 8:33:03 pm

Thanks Tom, running FCP 7.0. I just looked again and should correct my language. Instead of the marker "comment" I mean the marker "name". We used to use the name field in the browser to type many lines rather than the "comment" field because it allows us to type in the browser as we listen to the viewer play an interview clip. Faster and easier to breakdown an entire interview. That marker name would then show many lines in the viewer and was a fast source to reference during an edit. However, now the viewer shows only two lines for the name. I see what you mean - the actual "comments" do show 19 lines. However this will now necessitate an extra step of copying and pasting into the comment field as I don't think we can type a comment in the browser as the viewer continues to play. Any way to type a comment as it plays? Or to get the marker name to display more than 2 lines? Sorry for the confusion. Thanks!

Thanks! - Don

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Aug 12, 2010 at 2:10:55 am

Can't try this now but I think you can have 2 markers on same frame in FCP7 (may have to be of different color though). Not like resizing a box but still worth a try?

Patrice Freymond

Senior editor
FCP Certified Trainer

patrice@monteur.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]