FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy & paste clips between timelines problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sigurdur Eythorsson
Copy & paste clips between timelines problem
on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:35:28 pm

Hello.

Could someone help me with this problem I'm having.
I am currently editing this documentary on FCP 7 and the problems that I am having is that, when I copy clips from one sequence and paste it to another I get these one frame gap between clips. It does not happen between all clips. It's really random.

Has anyone had this problem or can help me with this. Because I am putting together all the scenes on one timeline and it takes to long time to go through all that.

One other thing that happens when I copy is sometime tha audio starts looping half way through the clip.

I am an Avid editor so maybe there is a settings I need change or something. Please help me.

Shooting format.

XDCAM 1080i50

Best
Siggi

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Copy & paste clips between timelines problem
on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:43:07 pm

I worked at a place that used this procedure all the time, edit sections and then copy and paste all the edits into a common sequence when done and we never had this problem. Often I was pasting 10-15 sections with a ton of edits, so it should work.

The first thing I would check is all the seq settings of the new sequence verses what you are coming from. Do they differ in any way?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:51:28 pm

Sounds like your sequence frame rates do not match

Return to posts index

Atticus Culver-Rease
on Aug 10, 2010 at 10:53:17 pm

I think this can happen if you're cutting and pasting between sequences that have different timebases, so I would double check that your sequences are the same framerate.

Return to posts index

Sigurdur Eythorsson
on Aug 10, 2010 at 11:36:17 pm

Thanks guys, it was the frame rate.

The new sequences have the editing time base set to 29. But my original sequences are set to 25.

Still getting used to FCP.

Thanks again..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]