FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dv to digibeta

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith brooke
Dv to digibeta
on Aug 10, 2010 at 4:28:15 am

I have a 2 hour documentary in FCP 7 at dv resolution 720x480 ready to color correct. Should I go to pro res.
I need a digibeta master. What is the work flow setting for my final sequence 720x 480 or 720x 486? I will output thru my aja card Sd/SDI into my Digibeta deck.
Thanks
Keith Brooke
Thanks

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
Re: Dv to digibeta
on Aug 10, 2010 at 5:04:50 am

If your video is final AS-IS simply lay off directly from DV timeline to Digibeta. Aja will take care of those 6 pixels. ProRes won't buy you anything at this point.

Return to posts index

keith brooke
on Aug 10, 2010 at 5:15:48 am

I do have a graphics pass and color correction. Will I save some degradation and increased latitude by going prores ?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:12:20 am

If you have any titles and graphics, then yes there is a definite advantage to rendering your final timeline as ProRes or better yet Uncompressed 10 bit. There is a small improvement in rendering grades as well as the text advantage.

If you grade in Color, you can set it to do the render as Prores or Uncompressed. Otherwise if you have done the grade within FCP then just copy>paste the timeline into a ProRes422 or Uncompressed 10bit sequence and then re-render.

Return to posts index

Nick Price
on Aug 10, 2010 at 2:08:05 pm

definitely agree with michael. Titles and grading look better uncompressed.

If your in PAL make sure the shift fields filter is added your clips in the uncompressed sequence - DV PAL is lower field first and uncompressed PAL is upper field first - otherwise your footage will be jittery. FCp adds shift fields when you cut/copy a DV clip into an uncompressed timeline but not when you duplicate the sequence.

cheers
nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]