FORUMS: list search recent posts

footage is skipping and jittery in final cut and quicktime and it has never done this before

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pike
footage is skipping and jittery in final cut and quicktime and it has never done this before
on Aug 10, 2010 at 1:29:23 am

I have been editing a project in final cut pro 7.0.2 it has been playing fine and working good but i changed projects briefly where the file format is different and now whenever i try and play the projects again the clips are skipping and jittery and it is not just in final cut but in quicktime player as well and it as never done this before.

the video files that are skipping their info is
quicktime movie
Dimensions: 1920x 1080
codecs: H.264, Integer (little endian)

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.27f2
Serial Number (system): W882712JYJX
Hardware UUID: 9124FA1D-BCE8-5189-A29D-73E8072CD286
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

any suggestion as to how i can solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: footage is skipping and jittery in final cut and quicktime and it has never done this before
on Aug 10, 2010 at 2:13:57 am

H264 is not an editing codec in FCP. Search this forum for Canon, H264, 5D or 7D and you will find that this problem has been answered on a sometimes daily basis for the past 18 months.

Return to posts index

Michael Pike
Re: footage is skipping and jittery in final cut and quicktime and it has never done this before
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:07:58 am

how come it was working fine before hand though and it is only now that the clips won't work properly?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:38:22 am

[Michael Pike] "how come it was working fine before hand though and it is only now that the clips won't work properly?"

If I was that prescient, I would be running a religious cult with a tax haven on the Grand Caiman's by now.

Seriously, H264 runs like a dog always in FCP so convert to ProRes like the search told you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]