FORUMS: list search recent posts

EOS plugin doesn't bring in full clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Throck
EOS plugin doesn't bring in full clip
on Aug 9, 2010 at 6:08:04 pm

I'm using the Canon EOS plugin for FCP to log and transfer my footage from the CF cards.

However, many clips aren't fully imported and they are much shorter than they are on the card.

Anyone else had this problem?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: EOS plugin doesn't bring in full clip
on Aug 9, 2010 at 6:22:22 pm

I haven't, no. Using the Canon T2i and a hacked L&T plugin...so that the T2i footage would work.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Aug 9, 2010 at 7:51:17 pm

Had same problem.

Check out this posting...3rd post down was my solution.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/280/1281

Return to posts index

Mike Throck
on Aug 9, 2010 at 7:57:01 pm

Thanks Jason,

I haven't tried your solution yet, but I did notice that the guy you we're talking to said he was "scrubbing the timeline" when the transfer stopped.

If I let the transfer go without clicking on any clips in the browser of viewer then it comes in fine. Once I start clicking on things in FCP is when I run into problems.

I'd be interested to see if you're fix solves that problem.

thanks again

Return to posts index

Dave Gorrie
on Aug 9, 2010 at 9:22:34 pm

I've yet to nail down a solution to this - it seems to be more prominent in 5D footage as opposed to 7D footage. We are taking on a LOT of projects revolving around this format, and would love for some kind of fix. This seems like it's a L&T issue really - I've seen it happen on P2 stuff before, but not as often as it is happening now.

Let me know if anyone has any other solutions for this.

-D

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 10, 2010 at 2:01:40 am

First time I used the L&T canon with 5D material, I had three clips that didn't fully import. I was opening already converted clips and playing them in FCP Viewer while L&T was running.

I deleted and re transfered the three clips and they came in full length second time. Since then I leave FCP alone while L&T is running and no problems since.

It is a bit like Log & Capture really. Just let it do it without trying to continue editing. Boring yes, but it seems to be necessary for reliable L&T with the Canon plugin.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 10, 2010 at 11:05:38 pm

Had this happen recently with 7D footage. Yes..it appears to be best not to do anything in FCP while L & T is doing it's thing. Never had a problem when I just left it alone and did not try to continue working.

Return to posts index

Mike Throck
on Aug 11, 2010 at 12:40:28 am

Looks like we found a bug in Canon's plugin.

At least we know how to avoid it.

Return to posts index

Randy Lee
on Aug 11, 2010 at 5:37:48 pm

When I had this issue recently on a short film, no matter how many times I attempted to bring in the affected clips through L&T, they came in shortened. I didn't shoot the film, so it may have never been noticed except that something seemed off when the audio that I was syncing continued but the video ended abruptly. Clips were from a 7D, and I ended up bringing them through Mpeg Streamclip, then adding reel and TOD timecode information from inside of Final Cut. It's kind of scary - no warning, and it would be really easy to miss something if you're not paying attention to every single clip, especially if you don't know what was shot.

Hopefully there's a fix soon. Or at least an update to the plugin that will tell you that something is amiss.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]