FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcp with automatic duck and calibrated mxf import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Semih Ozkoseoglu
fcp with automatic duck and calibrated mxf import
on Aug 8, 2010 at 9:32:00 am

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience using automatic duck to import avid projects in combination with calibrated mxf import. If there is I would greatly appreciate if they can answer some questions.

is the workflow stable?
how big was the project?
does the meta data stays intact?

i would also love to hear if anyone is against this workflow in theory and for what reason.

thanks for your time
sunn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: fcp with automatic duck and calibrated mxf import
on Aug 8, 2010 at 6:38:42 pm

[Semih Ozkoseoglu] "anyone had any experience using automatic duck to import avid projects in combination with calibrated mxf import"

I have experience with Automatic Duck...and with Calibrated...but you don't use both in this case. You only use Automatic Duck. Automatic Duck makes QT reference files that point to the Avid MXF files, so that the project will be playing back the Avid codec.

[Semih Ozkoseoglu] "is the workflow stable?"

Very. While I have only done this a dozen or so times, I know that Walter Biscardi has done this perhaps a few hundred times.

[Semih Ozkoseoglu] "how big was the project?"

Ranging from 5 min to 94 min. A current project I am on is going to be 95 min, edited on Avid, and I will Duck it to FCP, Media Manage to ProRes, then take into Color for color correction. Then output from FCP.

[Semih Ozkoseoglu] "does the meta data stays intact?"

Yup. Timecode, reel number, clip names...all intact.

Again, Calibrated doesn't come into play here.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Semih Ozkoseoglu
Re: fcp with automatic duck and calibrated mxf import
on Aug 9, 2010 at 1:05:33 am

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply. So do you think Avid > Duck IMP > FCP > Duck EXP > Avid work flow is usable day to day basis.

I just added the Calibrated in to the mix as i didn't want to wait for the ref QTs. Doesn't this take quite a bit of time?

Thanks
S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]