FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to export, and the estimated time keeps going up.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Mathies
Trying to export, and the estimated time keeps going up.
on Aug 5, 2010 at 1:01:40 am

I took some footage with my Panasonic TM700. I shot it in the HG shooting mode, which favors quality not recording time. It records in 1080 60i. My final edit is about 1 hour and 10 mins with many cross dissolves and (.jpg) files. There is also music, and some other video files shot in SD.

I'm now trying to export it with quicktime conversion. I'm compressing it with the h.264 codec, with AAC audio. I started exporting it 8 hours ago, and it's only completed 26%. Also, the estimated time is going up, not down - it now shows 17 hours left. I am exporting it to my external HD, which has over 900GB available. Another weird thing is, although I'm exporting it to my external hard drive, when I open a new finder window, the GB available at the bottom is slowly going down (and I'm not running any other programs.) This has happened in the past. When I leave it going over night, I come back and see that the export has failed.

Can anyone help me, please?? If no one has an idea, do you know who I could contact to help me? At this point, I would be willing to pay someone to help me.

Thank you.

Jessica

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Trying to export, and the estimated time keeps going up.
on Aug 5, 2010 at 1:47:55 am

Quicktime conversion is slow and not the best quality. As has been advised here many times, export a reference QT movie (use current settings) and take that into Compressor to make the H264 file. In Compressor you can speed up the process further by using Qmaster to enable more cores if you have a multicore Mac.

There are also hardware accelerators like Elgato and Matrox to speed up H264. This is a common issue so search this forum to get lots of advice on this, particularly hints about setting up Qmaster. It is also in the manual but it may have been explained better here at the Cow before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]