FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurence Wallace
Audio problem
on Aug 4, 2010 at 5:15:51 pm

I have been importing a mp3 file from iTunes into FCP for a music video edit. The files plays
flawlessly in iTunes. But when I import it into FCP -- it comes in at 44KHz -- and drop it into
a sequence w sequence settings for audio set at 44KHz there is a slight "pop" at a particular point in the track.

The "pop" is NOT there in the original MP3 file I listen to in iTunes. In FCP, I've tried dropping the audio file the a sequence that's set at 44KHz, then exporting it to 48KHz, and then importing the 48KHz file back into FCP, but it still has the same audio pop at same point in track. Any suggestions on how I can solve this would be much appreciated. I'm under a tight deadline.

Many thx!
-Laurence Wallace

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Audio problem
on Aug 4, 2010 at 5:28:57 pm

Don't know about the POP but your conversion method is not a good one.

Open mp3 in QT 7, export, Sound to Aiff> Options> Linear PC/Stereo/48.000/Sample Size 16 or 24 bit

Make sure FCP sequence matches.

Return to posts index

Sam van Zoest
on Aug 4, 2010 at 9:24:12 pm

You can just open the file with QuickTime Player and choose File > Save as > Movie.
Now it's a MOV file but since there is only audio in the file, Final Cut Pro recognizes it as an audio file. Now you can just import it in your project.

This is by far the easiest way to do this. You could also convert the file to .aiff like Michael described using QuickTime Player or even iTunes, but this is much faster in my opinion.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 4, 2010 at 11:46:22 pm

You could also search this forum for my weekly rant about only using 48khz files in FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]