FORUMS: list search recent posts

The ole sticky timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
The ole sticky timeline
on Aug 4, 2010 at 3:10:03 pm

After searching the cow I see this was an issue for some people 4-5 years ago; but in the past year or two it seems to have gone away.

When I drag through the timeline it sticks at various random points.

My pertinent fact:
2x2.8 G Mac Pro
ATI 4870 graphics card
8 gig of paired and properly installed RAM
OS 10.6.4
FCP7.0.2
CalDigit HDONE showing 350-400 MB/s read/writes
1920x1080i sequence. All media is 1920x1080i ProRess 422 plus various stills.
Big Timeline 1.5 hours.

The system was flying for this whole project up until yesterday. Trying to figure out what I am doing different that is causing this.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: The ole sticky timeline
on Aug 4, 2010 at 4:43:32 pm

It's likely that the sequence length is causing the hitches. Takes a lot of system overhead to load more than say about 500 edits in a single sequence.

Try copying a section and paste it into a sequence by itself. Close all sequences except that one. See if it doesn't go away...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
Re: The ole sticky timeline
on Aug 5, 2010 at 10:16:58 pm

Thanks Jerry, I think I got it figured out. I had some audio that was sent to me at 32 bit!!! I did not know there even was such a thing. Amazing FCP worked at all. Things are much better once I converted it to 16 bit and cut it back in.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]