FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correction applied to multiple clips in the sequence at once

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolae Ciobota
Color correction applied to multiple clips in the sequence at once
on Aug 4, 2010 at 2:49:35 pm

Hi
I ve been editing 12 cameras for a concert using the multiclip (*which I must say is great, great, great). I finished the 2 hours concert and now I want to grade it.

Each camera needs a slight adjustment. No need to go to Color itself but just use the RGB balance within FCP.

So I balance the colors for each camera and drag the filter into a bin.

At the moment what I do I navigate trough the timeline hold down apple and click on each clip belonging to a certain color correction filter until I select all the clips from that camera.

But there must be an easier, faster way to grade.

Any tips advice much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Color correction applied to multiple clips in the sequence at once
on Aug 4, 2010 at 3:33:29 pm

You can color correct ONE clip for each camera. Then copy the clip. Highlight the remaining clips from that camera and use the Paste Attributes > Video> Filters command.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

kamal gad
on Sep 19, 2011 at 8:48:15 pm

hello i need some sugesstion
how can i use premiere proj file in after effects
and i hav arranged all files in a sequence and exported it
i got an output file how to make color correction on it it is combined of all files

Return to posts index

Gordon Henry
on Jul 6, 2016 at 4:56:26 pm

Hi dave,

I am currently finishing off a multi clip edit which was shot on 2 cameras... one of the cameras looks quiet different in saturation and colour match .. how can I apply the grade to all the clips from the same camera on the multi clip timeline ... the show is about 45 mins long .. yes I am very new to FCP 7 multiclip grading so excuse the fact i am sort of asking for step by step instructions :-)

can you please explain the procedures for doing a colour match grade .. also is it possible to apply the grade to only certain amount of the footage as I noticed the last 3rd of the act ... ( it a kids theatre show.. ) the colour balance seems a lot better and evenly balanced between the 2 cameras... not sure if the operator switched camera white balance settings.

As ever thanks in advance .. oh wise one

DN

Return to posts index

Rob Tinworth
on Aug 4, 2010 at 6:31:55 pm

Apple-F in the timeline allows you to select every clip that is associated with each camera. This assumes that they are named uniquely to reflect which angle they are.

Rob Tinworth
http://www.1021.tv

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 4, 2010 at 11:48:38 pm

I would also recommend that you use the 3 Way CC filter instead of RGB balance. The 3 Way CC is a much better filter so learniing to use it will give you much better control over balance, white, black levels and gamma, all in the one filter.

Return to posts index

Nicolae Ciobota
on Aug 5, 2010 at 6:34:00 am

Hi

Thank you very much all.
Apple F a life saver. :) Just typed in the name of that camera and all the clips with the same name were selected so I can paste attributes or remove at once.
Many many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]