FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP with Aja Kona LHi and Matrox MXO2 Mini

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Dominguez
FCP with Aja Kona LHi and Matrox MXO2 Mini
on Aug 4, 2010 at 12:23:29 pm

We are going to purchase a Mac Pro with Final cut studio and Avid MC5.
My question I am going to use Aja Kona LHi to do my ins and out (Digi Beta, Beta Sp, DVD, etc.)and I would like to know if I can use Matrox MXO2 Mini to do HD and SD Monitoring instead of Aja HDMI out to monitor. The thing is that I am going to use also Avid MC5 and I will be using Matrox MXO2 Mini for HD and SD Monitoring.

Sorry if I don't make myself clear, the question Can I use Aja Kona LHi and Matrox MXO2 Mini together in FCP : AJA (IN|OUT) Matrox MXO2 Mini (HD and SD Monitoring with HDMI). There will be any problem with them together?, I will have to switch settings in FCP every time between them?

Thanks for all the help.
Ricky Dominguez
Luna Films
Puerto Rico

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP with Aja Kona LHi and Matrox MXO2 Mini
on Aug 4, 2010 at 4:24:49 pm

You aren't going to want to have FCp and Avid MC5 on the same boot drive. You will want to get two boot drives and restart from wither your fcp or AVid drive when you want to use each application respectively. This way, you won't have to worry about conflicts. You can use the Matrox for Avid and the LHi for FCP.

Return to posts index

Ricky Dominguez
on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:31:30 pm

Thanks Jeremy Garchow for your response.

Yes I am going to have two boot drives one for FCP and another for Avid MC5 because of the quicktime drives and other drivers that could interfere one with the other.

The thing is that I have read that Matrox MXO2 Mini is better that Aja Kona LHi for HD and SD Monitoring (Blue Only). So that is why I would like to know if I can use the Matrox MXO2 Mini for HD and SD Monitoring in FCP.

Thanks Ricky

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:51:29 pm

[Ricky Dominguez] "The thing is that I have read that Matrox MXO2 Mini is better that Aja Kona LHi for HD and SD Monitoring (Blue Only)."

It's a cheat if you are using a computer monitor. If you have a broadcast monitor, the LHI is way more feature functional than the MXO.

[Ricky Dominguez] "So that is why I would like to know if I can use the Matrox MXO2 Mini for HD and SD Monitoring in FCP."

You can't have both the MXO and AJA card installed on the same FCP system.

Return to posts index

Mario Rubertis
on Aug 7, 2010 at 5:09:32 pm

Ricky,
Save your money and buy the Matrox MXO2LE it has the similar inputs and outputs than the AJA LHi and it has the same HDMI output calibaration tools as the MXO2MINI....
I know it doesn't work with MC5... yet! But I am hearing rumors that it might in the future.
This way you have a unit that can work with your desktop and laptop system with all the inputs and outputs you need.

Before you buy you might want to take a look at the MAX flavors of the MXO2 boxes... they help with H.264 encoding... I have them and they rock. I crunch out my HD web videos in a fraction of the time I used to.. and the quality is Grrrrreat!

An Artist At Heart.
Life is made of moments...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]