FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firwire capture skipping frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Ritter
Firwire capture skipping frames
on Aug 4, 2010 at 12:03:07 am

We are attempting to use FCP to capture QT files for ingest in to an asset management system. In capture test with HDV via firewire with capture setting set to make a new clip with each camera start/stop, the inpoint is usually four frames past the out point of the previous clip.This is not a big deal dropping four frames.

The issues is that on about every fourth or fifth clip the offset between the outpoint of the previous clip to the inpoint of the next clip is about four seconds. Not sure why this is.

If I run the same tape through Imagine Products TepHD logging program to generate a list for batch capture, there is not the issue of frames not captured.

Any idea when capturing with FCP it skipps a few seconds every third or fourth clip?

Thanks!
mark

Return to posts index

Alexandre Brandt
Re: Firwire capture skipping frames
on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:13:54 am

Hey,

I just had a similar problem. I have some tapes with drop frames but the capture lags and the second clip leaves about 4,5 seconds at the beginning. I doesn't make me that at the end of a shot (where their is a natural 2 frame jump) but at the middle. In my case it's a tape problem that I can have 2,3 times on some tapes and no times and others.

Good luck,
Alex

motion pictures + storytelling = ?
-> FILMMAKING !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]