FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Pasting of Distort properties to flip upside-down footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Kulzer
Batch Pasting of Distort properties to flip upside-down footage
on Aug 3, 2010 at 7:44:16 pm

Howdy Cow! Any chance anyone's found a solution for batch pasting Distort properties within the Browser to all the clips within a bin--- to prevent having to manually flip each clip of any of god-knows-how-many clips that were shot upside-down?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Batch Pasting of Distort properties to flip upside-down footage
on Aug 3, 2010 at 8:39:17 pm

You can do this easily when clips are in a sequence. Adjust the first clip, Copy it, select all the following clips you want to modify, and then Paste Attributes and select Distort in the pop-up window. I've never tried this is the browser.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Edward Kulzer
on Aug 3, 2010 at 9:15:54 pm

That's just it--- that's "when they're in the sequence"--- this is the 'Pre-Edit Binning of the assets for organization' step, and I'm looking to do it within the Browser. If you apply the Distort to the clips in the Timeline, then yeah, you can just Opt-V and paste the Attribute--- but it doesn't port back over to the original MasterClip; just applies to that instance of the clip.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 3, 2010 at 11:08:48 pm

No the master clip will not take those attributes. My suggestion is to put the clips in the timeline at the matching timecode to the clip, drop the flop filter on and set for vertical and then make quicktimes of each clip to use as new master clips.

Rotating using the motion values apparently doesn't look as good as the flop filter according to others who have posted that observation here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]