FORUMS: list search recent posts

Get

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Tinworth
Get
on Aug 3, 2010 at 2:13:14 pm

If 'Get' works even half as well in real life as it does in demo life, this is going to save me hours of time searching out soundbites.

http://www.av3software.com/

It launches on Friday. It's not cheap, but you can still sign up for a 10% early bird offer. There's a free trial so certainly looks worth checking out.

It's only a matter of time until the machines take over...

Rob Tinworth
http://www.1021.tv

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Get
on Aug 3, 2010 at 2:33:36 pm

I would put this in a room with Dragon Naturally Speaking and watch them fight each other to the death.:-)

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:09:18 pm

What happened to good old log sheets and screening material before slapping shots together?

When cutting news I use markers for key statements, when cutting documentaries I use transcriptions and if prod did ot do them I do them and charge for that.

Methinks an editor should know his material, but maybe I am getting old, which leads me to think that if "It's only a matter of time until the machines take over..." I will gladly be dead by then ;-)

Patrice

Return to posts index

Rob Tinworth
on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:23:37 pm

"Can we make him say 'flowering plant' instead of 'angiosperm'?" Yes. Open transcript in Word. Apple F. Find flowering. Find plant. Go to FCP. Load clip that matches transcript. Go to extremely approximate timecode that transcriber could last be bothered to note. Watch in flicky sound until you find flowering. Realise that inflexion is wrong. Repeat.

If this tool can take me immediately to every single instance of a word instantly, that's got to be a tool worth having.

I see it mainly as a way of tying the media to the transcripts.

Rob Tinworth
http://www.1021.tv

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Aug 3, 2010 at 5:26:23 pm

You have a point.

In the stuff I do we rarely replace just one word, an that's mostly for ethical reasons; we'll usualy weave the commentary, if there is any, around what people said, the way they said it. Visuals will of course help in refining the point being made.

I could see a use for stuff like corporate stuff where many times the message has to be delivered the way it was scripted.

Patrice

Return to posts index

Aaron Brenner
on Aug 3, 2010 at 6:46:52 pm

I've been beta testing this product for about 2 months now. It is FANTASTIC. I haven't seen an editing tool that made my jaw drop like this... It will wow you.

Return to posts index

Jason Porthouse
on Aug 4, 2010 at 1:00:19 pm

We had a sneak preview dem of this at the WEFCPUG meet in July... it really is very impressive. Very accurate, very flexible and I can see it being a real boon for anyone dealing with documentaries.

Now, if they can engineer it to provide transcripts...

Jason

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

*the artist formally known as Jaymags*

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]