FORUMS: list search recent posts

xml file export for DVS clipster

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Chuidian
xml file export for DVS clipster
on Aug 3, 2010 at 2:09:41 am

Hi is there any one here who can help me with the work flow for generating xml files from FCP to DVS clipster? Sorry I have to ask it here in the FCP forum but I have no other choice since there is no DVS Clipster forums yet.

THanks!!

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: xml file export for DVS clipster
on Aug 3, 2010 at 1:12:53 pm

What is it that you wish to do in Clipster with an FCP XML?

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Pedro Chuidian
on Aug 3, 2010 at 1:22:02 pm

We want to use it for subtitling. We've tried exporting the xml from FCP containing the text data of subtitles. When we imported it to clipster, it would read the file but wouldnt import it into the bin.

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Aug 3, 2010 at 5:13:09 pm

Are you sure Clipster has this functionality? Is there any reference to it I. The user manual or in a data sheet?
One workaround might be to have a titles only timeline in FCP, set the sequence settings to TGA, \'millions of colours+\' and make the frame size as large as you need. Then export it as a .tga sequence. This frame sequence can be laid atop your sequence in Clipster and you have subtitles.

The things to check is whether Clipster supports alpha in tga files, and whether it will composite the subtitles with the rest of the picture when the titles are on a higher layer.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Pedro Chuidian
on Aug 4, 2010 at 12:58:12 pm

Well clipster version 3.3 has that option to import fcp xml files. I dont really know if the earlier versions have the option. And no, there are no references to it so far, the manuals that are downloadable are all of the earlier version. Actually thats the main reason why I posted here, I was hoping that we're not the only ones using clipster for such a task. hehehe

It supports alpha for png files so it just might support that of targa's. but any way, we've tested with a png file. It read the xml but will not conform the png file. We compared the xml structure created by clipster and that of fcp's and found out that they were different. The one of fcp has so much data in it while that of clipster's was very simple.

thanks again Neil

Return to posts index

Tanel Viksi
on Aug 27, 2010 at 12:26:28 pm

Hmm,

I think that FCP text is not supported, because Clipster can't read FCP plugins. Clipster has OpenFX plug-in interface, whereas FCP has it's own. OpenFX-compatible host applications are also Nuke & Fusion.
The only solution would be to export an animation-QT.mov (with alpha) or some sort of sequence, I'm afraid.

http://www.filmpost.ee

Return to posts index

Pedro Chuidian
on Aug 30, 2010 at 4:11:04 pm

yeah thats what we did. dvs sent us an xml that works with png files but it wasnt much help since it was a full lenght movie that the subtitles were finished already. thanks for the reply. apparently anyway, in the clipster options where it sez import fcp xml, exludes subtitle xmls. hehehe

thanks guys and more power to you!!!!

Return to posts index

Isaac Molina
on Aug 29, 2013 at 10:40:49 pm

Hey, i don't know if somebody answer you.

But here is.

After you have you XML 4 in FCP, use "Title Exchange pro", has a demo versiĆ³n that you can use for only 50 subtitles.

First select in preference/convertion FCP xml to STL text

after that

preference/convertion STL Text to DCP Digital Cinema XML

You need to convert first to STL text, if you want convert directly FCP xml to DCP Cinema XML the software mark error.

You need to check the options in the convertions. Any questions, if i can i answer you.

Return to posts index

Christian Cortez
on Sep 18, 2014 at 2:53:50 pm

Clipster 3.3 only supports XML ver 1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]