FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scale/Crop - still left with black bars

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Ratherbone
Scale/Crop - still left with black bars
on Aug 2, 2010 at 11:14:05 pm

In Final Cut Express, I know the concept of "scale and crop" but when I am scaling and cropping, I am still left with black bars on each side of the video. It seems that I am able to crop/scale the white background and the video but not the canvas. Here is a screenshot of what I am working with...

http://www.brokersalliance.com/paperwork/crop.gif

Even after I export the video, I am still left with "unused space."

I want the white background to fill the total space yet when I resize the video/white background, I am left with black excess.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Scale/Crop - still left with black bars
on Aug 3, 2010 at 2:51:30 am

Well, you have a picture that you have put on a tray...a black tray. That tray is 16"x9", and your picture is 4" x 5". And yes, the picture has white around the edges...but the tray is black. How are the pictures edges going to somehow stretch out and fill that black with white? It isn't. You need to put a big piece of paper...white paper, on top of that tray, underneath the picture. So in the Viewer, in the "A" menu, choose MATTE>COLOR SOLID. Make it white in the CONTROLS tab. Or better yet, have the picture on the timeline so you can see it in the Canvas, and use the EYEDROPPER to sample the white color from the picture, so that you have the same white.

Put the picture on V2...put the COLOR SOLID on V1. How does that look?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]