FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with installing alpha transition from apple site

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
samir kassab
Problem with installing alpha transition from apple site
on Aug 2, 2010 at 2:15:01 am

hey guys

i have final cut pro 7.0 installed on my Mac book pro (mac OS 10.5.8/2.4 Intel core 2 duo/2 GB RAM 1067 DDR3)and its working fine on SD materials...

Anyway , I'm trying to install the alpha transitions set from the apple website in my plug ins folder and I'm not able to see the installed plug ins inside my effect tab in the FCP browser!

i tried all the ways of installing plug ins that i know of :

- user/library/application support/final cut studio
- user/library/preferences/final cut pro user data/plug ins
- applications/show package content/content/plug ins

i tried to quite FCP and reopen it,to restart the mac book,but nothing seems to help

NB:i noticed later that i have a lock shape on all my effects folders and don't know how to get rid of it ... any ideas ???

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Problem with installing alpha transition from apple site
on Aug 2, 2010 at 4:49:43 am

Those are just video files and their matte files. You pit the anywhere you like and use the with the alpha transition effect, which got installed with v 7.

You then import them to a project as needed and drag them to the corresponding image wells in the effect.

Return to posts index

samir kassab
on Aug 2, 2010 at 10:30:20 pm

thanks Bret , i kinda figured that out later ... that's so elementary,but you know , your mind sometimes expect something to show up in the transition folder like any other plug in FCP and it just doesn't happen!so you keep thinking about harder solutions when the answer is right in front of your nose :p !

btw , do you know some other websites where i can download similar Alpha transitions?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:47:35 am

Digital juice sells a product called swipes. Same thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]