FORUMS: list search recent posts

black bars when using DVCPROHD -720p25 setting in FCP6.0.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donna McRae
black bars when using DVCPROHD -720p25 setting in FCP6.0.1
on Aug 1, 2010 at 3:47:08 am

Hi,
Im a newbie to these boards but have often searched here and normally have found what I am looking for.

My problem is this - I have exported 16.9 files into FCP 6.01 (from the P2 camera) and when i use the DVCPRO HD- 72025 setting (which the camera owner has said thats what to use) I till get black bars at the top and bottom.
I have tried creating a new project and doing the settings all again but to no avail. I thought that by creating a new project it may have worked, - i put in a clip and the canvas and browser size changed and theclip filled the screen, but when I copied the assembly of my project into that sequence, it changed again and now the whole project has black bars on every side!

This is very frustrating. Please, if someone is out there, can you give me some advice. I am 99% sure that it was orginally filmed in 16.9 so it must be the settings in my software.

Thanks in advance,

Donna

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: black bars when using DVCPROHD -720p25 setting in FCP6.0.1
on Aug 1, 2010 at 6:36:21 pm

[Donna McRae] "DVCPRO HD- 72025 setting"
do you mean 720p @ 25fps?

are you sure your sequence matches your clips.

Where are you viewing the black bars, canvas, viewer, TV?

Make sure the clips are indeed HD and not SD clips.

This is not a software issue, this is a user issue. Not trying to put you down just to let you know that it is most likely just the wrong setting. Unless you post all the clip and sequence settings we are just guessing what it could be.

Return to posts index

Donna McRae
Re: black bars when using DVCPROHD -720p25 setting in FCP6.0.1
on Aug 2, 2010 at 1:32:45 am

HI Michael,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I agree, I think it is a user issue.
I searched the boards after posting and I found a thread that I think has solved it.
I made a new project and set the sequence to DVCPRO HD -720p@25fps and then tried a clip again. The clip filled the canvas screen without any black bars so i copied the 1st assembly (At the wrong settings) into the new project and then under EDIT clicked remove attributes, highlighted distort and motion and OK>
The project has now lost the bars and is looking like 16.9.
Thankyou once again for your time.
Best
Donna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]