FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble converting HMC150 mts files in Final Cut Pro after media dragged off of SDHC card

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Rubin
Trouble converting HMC150 mts files in Final Cut Pro after media dragged off of SDHC card
on Jul 30, 2010 at 9:47:41 pm

Hello,

I recently starting using a Panasonic HMC150 recording on SDHC cards. I'm used to using the HVX and P2 Cards where you can insert the P2 card into the computer and either drag the media files onto the desktop and use a P2 converter or use log and transfer (especially when you don't have time on set or in the field to wait for conversions).

I've been filming a documentary and at times we only had the ability/time to insert the card into our Macs or using a SDHC reader and drag the media off the card and into a folder (we dragged everything from the card, not just the mts files).

For some reason the Log and Transfer will not work on any of the media we copied into folders. Log and Transfer only to seem works transferring media directly off of the SDHC card. Is there any other way to convert these files and get them into final cut pro?

We shot at 1080i24p and uploaded the majority of the footage through log and transfer. Now we just need to get the remaining footage to convert and match what we have. Log and Transfer converted our mts to .mov files with the specs: frame size 1920 x 1080, Vid Rate 23.98fps, Compressor Apple ProRes 422, Aud Rate 48KHz

Any advice/help would be extremely appreciated!!

Thank you.
--Andrew

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Trouble converting HMC150 mts files in Final Cut Pro after media dragged off of SDHC card
on Jul 31, 2010 at 2:23:00 am

Get Shotput Pro from Imagine Products. Use it to offload your SD and P2 cards to a hard drive, preferably 2. These are your masters. Work from your master (hard drive/s) not your SD or P2 card. Use FCP Log and Transfer to transcode your AVCHD footage to ProRes or DVCPro HD.

The reason you are having problems is you are doing a finder transfer from your SD card. Shotput Pro solves this problem by copying the entire card and verifying it.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Andrew Rubin
Re: Trouble converting HMC150 mts files in Final Cut Pro after media dragged off of SDHC card
on Jul 31, 2010 at 4:25:54 pm

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, we don't have the SD card anymore. It was a set accident where we dragged the MTS files over and then the card was accidentally reformatted before the Log and Transfer (some confusion in the moment).

We had to move on and continued filming. All I have is what we dragged from the SD card on the computer. Will Shotput Pro be able to work with that copied material?

And I assume so long as we set the settings to match what was already converted from Log and Transfer it should be able to be integrated with the rest of my capture scratch files?

And what do you think of some of the freeware other people have mentioned to me: Total Video Converter and AVS Video Converter, etc...?

Thanks again for all of your time and assistance, much appreciated!
Andrew

Return to posts index

Mike Schrengohst
on Aug 9, 2010 at 2:34:26 am

See if MPEG Streamclip can read the files...

If so you can make QT .movs from there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]