FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported stills do not fill frame width

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xena
Imported stills do not fill frame width
by
on Jul 30, 2010 at 6:31:30 pm

When I import a still to FCP and the still is not the same ratio as my project, it appears on the Timeline with black bars on the side. If I crop the still to 853px x 480px for 16:9 it will fill the frame, but I have too many stills and it is very time consuming. Is there a setting that will allow automatic filling of the still frame width-wise in FCP?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Imported stills do not fill frame width
on Jul 30, 2010 at 10:05:38 pm

If they are all the same size, just import them as they are, then put them in a sequence as you have been. Double click one of them to open it in the Viewer, and then adjust it's size up until it fills the frame. Then copy this first clip and select them all. Then right click on one clip in the sequence and select "paste attributes" from there select the "basic motion" attribute. This will apply that enlargement to every clip.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]