FORUMS: list search recent posts

working with an Adobe Premiere CS4 project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Sprouse
working with an Adobe Premiere CS4 project
on Jul 30, 2010 at 4:19:38 pm

I have a project in Adobe Premiere Pro that is not rendering correctly for some reason. I decided to do an EDL export and try to work with it in FCP 7. When I open the project in FCP, I see the timeline and my cuts from the Premiere project look pretty much in tact, however all of the media is unrecognized. I copied the folder with all of the media that I used on the project over to my Mac, so I have it on my machine. For some reason FCP changed all of my media names to AX, AX 2, AX 3, etc., so that is what the system is looking for to reconnect. Is there a way to easily reconnect all of my media?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: working with an Adobe Premiere CS4 project
on Jul 30, 2010 at 6:24:57 pm

If you can remember the original names, you can force a connection to them on a clip by clip basis. Just uncheck the "matched name only" checkbox...

Don't know myself, but if Premiere can export an XML file, the names might stay intact when you import into FCP.

But the more pressing problem you have is the media format itself. You captured it in Premiere as what? DV HDV or? The media captured may not be compatible directly with FCP and it might be best to recapture it in a codec that FCP recognizes...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: working with an Adobe Premiere CS4 project
on Aug 3, 2010 at 2:00:11 pm

You might check in the Premiere Pro forum as to why your project isn't rendering correctly. One easy thing to do is to throw away your preferences file which is easy to do.

As for XML export, this is a feature of Premiere Pro CS5. Premiere Pro CS4 support FCP XML import only.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]