FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting to windows media file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rumppe
exporting to windows media file
on Jul 30, 2010 at 3:26:02 pm

I've created a time line in final cut...then exported quicktime conversion to windows media file....It seems to be created fine.....but when I play it thru a window media player....only about 70% of the timeline is in the windows file....it stops about 3/4 of the way thru the play. The actual windows player does not stop in the middle...it plays to the end but its not the whole time line I started with.

Thanks to anyone who can tell me if I'm missing something in the encode settings in FCP.

Rich

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: exporting to windows media file
on Jul 30, 2010 at 4:41:43 pm

It's probably time to open your wallet: it sounds like you have the freebie version of Flip4Mac, which puts a limit on the amount of media you can transcode.

There are no such limitations with the pay versions. Make sure you select the one that's right for you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rich Rumppe
on Jul 30, 2010 at 5:10:41 pm

I've tried to open it in VLC. and I've sent it to someone else..Once its encoded as a wmv it should play on every other windows player....I'm thinking that I have an issue with the way its encoded in FCP...

A quicktime movie exported from FCP plays all the way thru.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 30, 2010 at 5:49:33 pm

[Rich Rumppe] "I'm thinking that I have an issue with the way its encoded in FCP... A quicktime movie exported from FCP plays all the way thru."

Yes, you're right, it is the way it's encoded in FCP -- you don't have the right kind of Flip4Mac installed on your machine, so it won't be encoded properly in FCP.

You have to remember that Microsoft and Apple DO NOT play nice together when it comes to multimedia containers like QT, AVI and WMV. To get them to play nice together, you have to buy additional software. That's the way it is, I'm afraid.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]