FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting from FCP for a DVD to work in Italy / EUROPE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacy Solis
Exporting from FCP for a DVD to work in Italy / EUROPE
on Jul 29, 2010 at 6:09:41 am

Hey guys this guy asked my question perfectly....so I'll just use his question :)

I'm trying to figure out the best setting to make my film compatible with the DVD players and TVs that are used in Italy, and I assume Europe in general. Normally when compression from FCP I use the default setting which is NTSC with a frame rate of 23.98 and 16:9. Am I supposed to change the format to PAL? When I do that it sets the frame rate at 25. Will that screw up the sync? Since I have no Italian DVD player here so I have no way of testing this.

Do their modern HD TVs just use the same settings as ours? Is PAL dead? This stuff confuses the hell out of me...

Btw, my original footage is HDV from a Canon shot in the 24F mode.

Can anyone give me advice?

Now MY dilemma is... that my compressor is cracked out and not working at all :/ What's the best way to go about this using FCP?

-Stacy

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: Exporting from FCP for a DVD to work in Italy / EUROPE
on Jul 29, 2010 at 10:23:38 pm

Almost all PAL DVD players will play NTSC. If the DVD is not for commercial use an NTSC version may be acceptable to your client. Check to see if this is okay.

If not use a standards converter before exporting to DVD. Nattress has one http://www.nattress.com/Products/standardsconversion/standardsconversion.ht...

Going to a professional standards conversion facility will give the best results but its expensive.

Set up your DVD project as PAL and proceed as normal. You won't be able to check the burn in an external player unless you have a PAL player though.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]