FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip Parenting?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Hargreaves
Multiclip Parenting?
on Jul 26, 2010 at 8:45:49 pm

Hi,

I am working on a music video, and the assistant editor (whom I did not know) has created multiclips with all the different takes from one location (there are five total) and combined them into a synced multiclip. This will be very helpful once I have the rough edit together, but I'm wondering now, to cut between all the five locations, is it possible to create a multiclip of all the takes (which are in five separate multiclips)? In turn parenting or nesting the multiclips?

Right now I'm batch exporting the collapsed multiclips that I have in a sequence, but it is very slow on my MacBook Pro. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Stephen Hargreaves
Re: Multiclip Parenting?
on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:39:16 pm

Scratch the batch exporting... that was a silly move. I have just match framed the collapsed multiclips ot the originals, but it would be nice to still be able to multiclip the collapsed multiclips so i wouldn't have to transpose my edits.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 27, 2010 at 1:29:25 am

No idea what you are doing, why would replacing the multiclip angle with the original clip help out, if you collapse the clip you are pretty much getting the same performance. Going back and forth is just asking for a lot of trouble down the road. when you are completely done with the multicam edit you can media manage the sequence to remove all the unused clips.

Return to posts index

Stephen Hargreaves
on Jul 27, 2010 at 1:40:21 am

I was really just looking to see if there was a way to create multiclips within multiclips, somewhat like nesting sequences... but with some experimenting, and getting to the root of my problem, I found a much more effective and less headache inducing solution. Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]