P2 FCP 6.0 Import Nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Abron
P2 FCP 6.0 Import Nightmare
on Jul 24, 2010 at 3:34:02 am

Wow, I have tried everything.

Trying to import P2 in FCP 6.0

Log and Transfer seems good, can load clips, and preview them.

When I try to "Add Selection To Queue" it acts like it wants to load but then i get the dreaded stop sign/exclamation point...

Loads Fine into Premiere, but I am not that fast on Premiere and is not an option. I tried to XML and EDL back into FCP...play pixs good but no audio. Working with 4 tracks of recorded audio so would rather not band-aid it.

Strange deal. Not sure why P2 has to be so finicky.

Any help would be great...

I remember a 50 dollar program that put a QT wrapper on P2...it had a video tape with a beard branding...I cannot think of the name to save my life...that would be a good work around if anyone knows...

Kindly,
Matt

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 FCP 6.0 Import Nightmare
on Jul 24, 2010 at 5:57:36 am

in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Heidi Garcia
Re: P2 FCP 6.0 Import Nightmare
on Jul 24, 2010 at 10:44:15 pm

Matt,

I am having the exact same issue, and to the reply-ee, I have indeed tried unchecking the advance pulldown option in the settings tab under "preferences".

The only difference is that I am using Final Cut 5, not 6, but the issue is exactly the same. I have tried importing the mxf's directly from the P2 camera, but same thing happens.

Have you resolved this issue as of late?
If not, do we perhaps have something in common in our Easy Setup settings that may have something to do with FCP not being able to convert these mxf's to quicktime?

waiting for response from anyone who can help!!!!
- Heidi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]