FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported FCP7 XML into FCP6 and lost directory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theresa Rodrig
Imported FCP7 XML into FCP6 and lost directory
on Jul 23, 2010 at 8:37:05 pm

The title sums it up. I exported a project on Final Cut Pro 7 as an XML (chose version 4). It opened up just fine in Final Cut 6 but the directory names did not appear when I tried to relink the clips. This will be a problem when I import larger projects because the clip names are the same but the directory is different. What do I do?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Imported FCP7 XML into FCP6 and lost directory
on Jul 23, 2010 at 8:54:24 pm

Directory names? The media file names on the Scratch Disk? Do they differ from the clip names?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Theresa Rodrig
on Jul 23, 2010 at 9:21:09 pm

The problem is that I have several drives with bunch of clips in them. However, some of these clips share the same name. This makes relinking tricky because I have to refer back to the directory and manually find the right clip.

It wasn't a problem with my latest xml import attempt from fcp7 to fcp 6 because the project I was working on only had one sequence and two clips and I knew which drive to look for them in when I had the relink.

There is no way I'll be able to relink all the media properly on larger projects without the directories being listed because of the issue of several clips sharing the same name.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 23, 2010 at 9:41:00 pm

[Theresa Rodrig] "I hope that wasn't too confusing."

It is for FCP. You shouldn't have clips that are the same name as FCP links to clips names almost exclusively (which is a stupid way to do things, but I digress).

Might want to look in to this:

http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/41/fcpreconnect/3

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]