FORUMS: list search recent posts

Minimize Export Time

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne Banister
Minimize Export Time
on Jul 22, 2010 at 6:16:06 pm

I shot 50 separate videos that will be used for web. The original videos were shot on the Sony EXCAM 1080i60 ( 1920 x 1080) The final videos will be between 1-2 minutes in length and the size will be 480 x 270. I shot all the videos on a blue screen and will eventually composite the videos in Motion, then finish the editing in Final Cut Pro.

I've started the project and it's taken two hours for each video to render out. So my question is what are the best settings to be editing in and exporting in that will keep my quality but minimize my render/exporting time because I do not have the deadline that will allow for hundreds of hours of exporting time..

Thank You!

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
Re: Minimize Export Time
on Jul 23, 2010 at 5:20:21 am

The render takes so long because it is roundtripping to motion for the information from that project the only way to reduce render is to export a quicktime that you bring into final cut. this unfortunately defeats the purpose of motion projects in timeline. if you already have motion projects in the timeline and you know they are perfect you can open compressor and drop the original saved .motn from your hard drive (not from final cut) and put it into the well (you can drop up to 99 .motn into a batch well at a time) find the setting you want and select all the tabs in the batch well and paste or drag and drop the setting on each tab while they are all selected and it will apply to all of the project tabs in batch well. next submit the batch and when it is all done put them into a folder and go to final cut and select each motn you have and reconnect media now click locate and deselect the exact name" check box and then select your exported .motn in the folder and hit ok. this should make all the other motn projects reconnect to the final export quicktimes and then the render will be much quicker because it will render the entire clip as a bulk of frames instead of how it looks like the .motn which is frame by fream this is why the render is so long. hope that made sense my workflow is kind of odd

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Minimize Export Time
on Jul 23, 2010 at 5:55:17 am

Depending on the web codec, there are hardware accelerators for H264. Elgato and Matrox have such devices.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]