FORUMS: list search recent posts

Showing real time and date on a FCP6 project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Dominguez
Showing real time and date on a FCP6 project
on Jul 21, 2010 at 4:29:53 pm

Hi.
I have been working with FCP6 for a short while and I would grateful if someone gave me a hand. At the moment, I am capturing HDV footage recorded on MiniDV tapes using a Sony Digital HD recorder. When playing the footage on the recorder, the original date and time of the recording is shown on the screen since the camera kept a record of it while recording. To the purpose of my work, I would need this original date and time to show on the Final Cut project once the tape has been digitalized via FCP6, but I cannot find a way of making it appear. I have tried the option of using the Timecode Generator, but since the tape is not recorded all in one go, it doesn't become useful.
Does anyone know if there is a way? Thank you in advanced.

Return to posts index

Steve Cohen
Re: Showing real time and date on a FCP6 project
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:18:01 pm

You may need to digitize the footage with the display on.

I don't know about you camera, but our Mini DV decks have an option to have the display visible on the LCD monitor, but not on the output, but there is a switch that will allow us to turn it on for the output as well.

Steve Cohen

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:32:39 pm

Yeah, you could capture it with the TOD code displayed, then end the end, recapture the edited sequence without it...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jul 22, 2010 at 8:03:35 am

Automatic Duck has a plugin that let you create this,
and you got nice options to customize the look.

I can't find it on his site anymore, but i'm sure it exists and Wes will chime in.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Carlos Dominguez
on Jul 23, 2010 at 1:47:19 pm

Cheers guys for the quick replies!
I own a SONY HDV Recorder HVR-M15AE and I don't think this model has such a switch that lets the time display make it through the Log and Capture option, or at least I can't find it myself. It must be an easy thing to do but after battleing for a few days I think I will end up giving up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]