FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback of 1 hour documentary

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Walsh
Playback of 1 hour documentary
on Jul 21, 2010 at 2:51:38 pm

Hi,

I recently produced a 1 hour documentary. I am having a premiere for about 300 people tomorrow night. The film was shot in HDV, and I exported it as a self contained movie which is about 10.5 Gigs.

Is it a bad idea to play the movie back from this file, out of my MacBook Pro? Is that a risky thing to do? What would you do if you were me (besides not shooting in HDV in the first place!)?

Thanks!

Chris Walsh

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jerry Hofmann
Re: Playback of 1 hour documentary
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:13:47 pm

Put it on an firewire drive, and it should play OK.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Chris Walsh
on Jul 21, 2010 at 8:06:13 pm

Thanks, Jerry. I'm honored to have you answer my question. I loaded a self contained version onto my laptop and it played well from there, although I'm sure you have a reason to play it off a separate hard drive. I also have a blu-ray version of it, but I won't have it until a few hours before the event so I might not have time to go through the whole thing!

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Brian Miller
on Jul 21, 2010 at 6:57:51 pm

my first question: how are you connecting to the screen, through DVI? Is the screen going to be able to display your file at it's full native resolution (1440x1080 for HDV)? if not just burn it to DVD...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:03:09 pm

HDV is the same data rate as DV so easy to play of a firewire drive. Do a test to make sure the media player and projector can stretch the 1440 x 1080 out to 1920 x 1080.

The file you are making for the blu ray disk can also be played directly as it will be either H264 or mpeg2 1920 x 1080.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]