FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 cards issues going from FCP 3 to FCP 2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Benjamin
P2 cards issues going from FCP 3 to FCP 2
on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:54:08 am

I have FCP Studio 3 at work and I have FCP Studio 2 at home.

I logged and transferred some files from P2 cards onto my machine at work so I could take them home. I didnt save the project, just transferred and converted them to quicktime files thru FCP 3. I took the files home and there is obviously some quicktime codec in these files that my system cant properly use, because although they are labelled movie files (.mov) they only play the audio. I did check the files for playback within quicktime on my work machine so I know everything is fine.

I just need to know, is there a work around or a codec that I can download or something, that will allow these files to function properly on my home system which is FCP 2 without going back to work or only working via my work machine.

When I got to more info for the files here is what is in the Codec section: ai1p, Linear PCM, Timecode

Jason B.
@jbenjamin85

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 cards issues going from FCP 3 to FCP 2
on Jul 20, 2010 at 1:11:16 am

OK, there are two codecs that are recorded onto P2 cards...DVCPRO HD and AVCIntra. DVCPRO HD QTs should work on both systems, but if you shot AVCIntra, and did NOT transcode it to ProRes, but instead left it AVCI native, then FCP 6 will not be able to view the files.

For AVCintra, best to transcode to ProRes. Very minimal quality loss, and more cross compatibility.

[Jason Benjamin] "I just need to know, is there a work around or a codec that I can download or something, that will allow these files to function properly on my home system which is FCP 2 without going back to work or only working via my work machine."

IF they are AVCintra...no, sorry. You need either the original P2 card backups, or to redo them to ProRes.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]