FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV and HDSLR Footage in one Timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Ruschmeyer
HDV and HDSLR Footage in one Timeline?
on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:09:43 pm

Hey there!

I got material from a concert shoot with three cameras. A Canon 5D and 7D, both shooting 1080p25 and one Sony Z1 with HDV50i. I've converted the Canon materials to ProRes. As my output is PAL I was wondering if I could use 1024x576 timeline (with ProRes compressor) which would give me the opportunity to zoom into the HD material.

If I'm exporting the edited clip the interlace-bloccking of the HDV material is visible. What should I do? Convert the HDV-Footage to a different format before editing? Or is there a different approach?

Any help would be so much appreciated,
Best regards,
Simoon

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
Re: HDV and HDSLR Footage in one Timeline?
on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:30:04 pm

[Simon Ruschmeyer] "If I'm exporting the edited clip the interlace-bloccking of the HDV material is visible. What should I do? Convert the HDV-Footage to a different format before editing? Or is there a different approach?"

Yes... Capture your HDV as ProRes422. There is an Easy Setup for this.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: HDV and HDSLR Footage in one Timeline?
on Jul 20, 2010 at 2:38:56 am

ProRes for all your footage. What is your final output? If it is standard def, then use a ProRes 720 x 576 anamorphic timeline as that is the aspect ration for DVD or SD broadcast in PAL. I would recommend Uncompressed 10 bit final sequence if you have fast and big enough drives. I have used Uncompressed 10 bit in PAL off Lacie & WD FW800 drives. Otherwise a ProRes SD timeline is excellent both to edit and finish.

If you want to deinterlace the HDV footage, you can do that shot by shot with good deinterlace plugins like Nattress or deinterlace as you make the ProRes HD files from the HDV in Compressor using frame controls set to deinterlace.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]