FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 with Canon Vixia

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Richardson
Final Cut Pro 7 with Canon Vixia
on Jul 18, 2010 at 2:47:53 pm

Hi everyone, I am using final cut pro 7 on my MacOSX and I am trying to capture footage from my Canon Vixia HF S200. The camera uses a USB 2.0 connection cable and the instruction manual says that the video compression is MPEG 4 AVCH/H.264.
I have a feeling that there is some magical initial option on the "easy setup" menu in FCP but I am unsure of which setting will recognize the camera and its footage. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 with Canon Vixia
on Jul 18, 2010 at 3:32:28 pm

This belongs on the Basics forum.

Have you read the section in the manual about log and transfer? It will explain how to work with your media.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Kurt Richardson
on Jul 18, 2010 at 4:11:49 pm

Yes I've read through the entire manual, including the section about saving files on a computer. However, the software which allows me to save my files on computer (which is included with the camera) is compatible only with a PC. Is there any setting that would allow FCP7 to recognize my Vixia?
Apologies for choosing the wrong forum to post on.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 18, 2010 at 5:18:34 pm

You do not use the included software. If you've read the entire manual, you've read the section on log and transfer. Have you used that? What happens when you use the log and transfer function? Did the clips mount? Did you use the Add Volume button?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Erick Puentes
on Jul 20, 2012 at 3:02:47 am

I agree with Tom, this one is basic. I have the same camera and it's real simple. Fire up FCP and then plug the camera in via USB. Turn the camera on and choose "computer" option on the camera's touch screen. Then under "File" select "Log and Transfer". You should see all your clips and then you just have to drag the clips to the transfer box and booYaaaH! Done!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]