FORUMS: list search recent posts

certain video files sped up when imported into final cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Overgard
certain video files sped up when imported into final cut
on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:19:09 pm

I have some .mov files that i'm trying to import into final cut, but when i import them the video plays at twice the speed while the audio plays normally, and the last half the of the video is black. When i look at the files, it says the frame rate is at 59.94 fps and the compressor is H.264. If i play the files in quicktime they play fine, its only in final cut that i have problems. Other files are playing fine in final cut however. I had to have these files repaired from an external company because the camcorder was defective, so i'm guessing it is just the files, but im wondering what i can do to get them to import into final cut, whether its recompressing them, or somehow changing the frame rate (i have a feeling its incorrect) or some other option. I'm somewhat new to final cut, so all ideas are more than welcome.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: certain video files sped up when imported into final cut
on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:45:02 pm

You can't use H.264 video to edit in FCP. It doesn't work well, as you've discovered. You have to change it to ProRes first. Compressor or MPEG Streamclip will do the job nicely.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]