FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jerky DVCPRO Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suhaimi Baruddin
Jerky DVCPRO Footage
on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:01:50 am

Hello all

I've had problems on a DVCPRO HDVp60 footage. The footage when edited will be jerky in some parts and not others and on the same clip. From what I've gathered, its usually either all jerky or not, but this not so in my case.

I've tried recapturing but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Jerky DVCPRO Footage
on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:20:07 am

[Suhaimi Baruddin] "DVCPRO HDVp60"
no such thing.

But this post it like calling up a mechanic and telling him that your car isn't running right, what's wrong with it.

What are all your settings, clip and sequence, how are you viewing the footage. Is the jerkiness happening more if there is more motion in the shoot. Help us out here.

Return to posts index

Suhaimi Baruddin
on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:46:42 am

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/jerky-video

If you can play the video, attached is the video. Male model at 5 Sec is jerky movement down, but female model on 10 sec, same movement but smooth

Footage is DVCPRO HDVp60

Frame Rate is 59.97, ditto the sequence frame rate. Sequence is 640*360 resolution, but the problem is the same on 960*720 resolution.

Footage on an external HDD, playback on Final Cut Pro and Export produce same result, jerky movement on some, smooth on others.

There is some movement, but a similar movement some cuts later is smooth.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jul 16, 2010 at 12:04:00 pm

Select any of your video clips in the browser and type cmd+9. Post everything in the window that will open.

Match the sequence settings to it. You've not done that. You make it the size you want in the end... but edit in the same format you've shot, or gathered materials with. This is your problem or you're using a format not supported by Final Cut Pro. The frame size is odd, and it's either DVCPROHD or HDV.. right?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]