FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pasting atributes to an up resed sequence.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ski Gajewski
Pasting atributes to an up resed sequence.
on Jul 16, 2010 at 1:19:21 am

Ok so I have been working on this nightmare project for the past few days where I have had nothing but problems from day 1 because I did not check the sequence setting that the client gave me and assumed it was correct. Well it was not even close...So I was two days into the edit I realized that the footage was set to 720x480 as the client did not realize that that 720 would be 1080x720...So the decision was made to finish the edit with the footage at the wrong res and then up res it to 1080 as we did a lot of moves on the footage which came from 5D stills. The problem I have now is that I have changed the sequences settings to what is the "correct" settings ( 4:3 academe to be letterboxed and cropped to 16:9. As a side note what is the best way to do this?) But when I reconnect the media all the moves on the clips disappear. is there anyway that I can keep the clip attributes even though I have changed the sequence settings? Or at the very least past attributes to the new clips with out having to do major resizing?

"Sometimes you ride the Pony, and sometimes the Pony rides you..."

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Pasting atributes to an up resed sequence.
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:46:35 am

[Ski Gajewski] "as the client did not realize that that 720 would be 1080x720."

Well, it wouldn't. 720p is 1280x720 full raster, or 960x720 anamorphic. What is the source footage you are working with? Shot with what camera?

[Ski Gajewski] " we did a lot of moves on the footage which came from 5D stills."

When you do this you will have to manually redo every one. FCP doesn't scale the keyframed attributes.

[Ski Gajewski] "I have now is that I have changed the sequences settings to what is the "correct" settings ( 4:3 academe to be letterboxed and cropped to 16:9."

Wow...wrong again! HD isn't 4:3 with the footage letterboxed to 16:9. ALL HD is 16:9...either full raster or anamorphic. No letterboxing at all!

[Ski Gajewski] " is there anyway that I can keep the clip attributes even though I have changed the sequence settings?"

Nope, gotta redo them. Manually. SOrry, been there, done that, often.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ski Gajewski
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:52:05 am

there is no original footage. It is stop motion shot on the 5D. so it is just stills. they want it 16:9.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 16, 2010 at 5:42:51 am

Uh...wow. OK. One picture per frame? I don't know what you are going to do.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ski Gajewski
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:13:38 pm

at this point it does not matter as FCP has completely screwed the pouch. But no, the stills were converted into footage by some F-tard intern from the client that made project file of which was wrong. When I started it it was about 3rd on my list of priorities and I did not notice the discrepancy until about two days into the actual edit. At which point we made the wrong decision and pressed on thinking that we would just up res everything later... Either way it does not matter as final cut is giving me error messages such as being out of memory which is not possible in any way shape or form. Or my new favorite "The codec you are using is unrecognizable. You do not have the hardware card needed for this codec." That codec by the way is Apple Pro Res 422... So at this point the only thing I can do is reinstall final cut and hope it will export. as at this point it refuses to even do that. which is mind boggling as we sent an export of the project to london a day and a half ago with no issues.

Return to posts index

Ski Gajewski
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:53:00 am

I should also note that it was turned into "footage" but in the wrong aspect ratio.. I should have been more clear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]