FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uncollapse "Send to Motion Project" clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Uncollapse "Send to Motion Project" clips
on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:03:54 pm

I apologize if this topic has already been covered somewhere else, but I searched and couldn't quite find anything. I know that In the FCP timeline you can select multiple clips, even across multiple tracks, and send them all to a Motion Project -- I was wondering if there is a way to get those clips BACK if, say for instance, you want to go back to the way that it was. Basically, un-nesting those clips from their flattened state as a .motn clip. Is this possible? Does that make any sense?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Uncollapse "Send to Motion Project" clips
on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:09:43 pm

Sure. When you send to Motion, there's a timeline that is created with your original clips.

If I use send to Motion, I always uncheck the 'embed motion content' box and work in motion that way. I then render out a movie in Motion and import that to my timeline. If i ever need to go back to the motion project, I simply open the motion project that I saved while I was in motion after the 'send to' command.

I find it easier to work that way and there's less hiccups. Motion project can take an stupid long time to render in FCP.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
on Jul 14, 2010 at 1:59:32 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Motion project can take an stupid long time to render in FCP."

Really? My experience seems quite the opposite... I often have Motion projects render several times faster in FCP. Motion only seems to use one of my eight processors, while FCP will slam them all up to 95%.

The only downside I can see so far is the horrible motion blur in FCP... so if I need motion blur I'm stuck outputting from Motion.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:16:23 am

[Adam Smith] "Really? My experience seems quite the opposite... I often have Motion projects render several times faster in FCP. Motion only seems to use one of my eight processors, while FCP will slam them all up to 95%. "

Yeah, that's what I found, plus, I just prefer the workflow, even if it means an import back to FCP. I find it to be more stable, but maybe that's just me. Glad it's working for you! :)

[Adam Smith] "The only downside I can see so far is the horrible motion blur in FCP... so if I need motion blur I'm stuck outputting from Motion. "

Very true, how can that really be called motion blur in FCP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]