FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deinterlacing and text

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Orallo
Deinterlacing and text
on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:28:40 pm

I have a bunch of QTs I need to convert to and the boss wants me to de interlace because the are for the web, but when I apply the De interlace filter my graphics and text lose quality. Basically what i have is a bunch of Quicktimes 720x486 mostly uncompressed, these are the Back ups I keep on hand for easy access. So I got them set up in Sequences in FCP and want to export a mp4, how do I de interlace it without wrecking the text? Any suggestions? He wants a library of our work, Highest quality, small file size that he can use with sites like http://www.gosimian.com ,http://www.wiredrive.com. I know they take any file but this Library will double as client library for us as well so we can quickly email and post QTs for clients to see.

Thanks,

George

'Be like water'

-Bruce Lee

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Deinterlacing and text
on Jul 13, 2010 at 7:39:00 pm

You compressor and set deinterlace to best in the frame controls.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Andrea Stewart
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:13:52 pm

George, I'm presuming you mean DE-interlace for the web, no interlace, since the web is only progressive.

First, Do not use the de-interlace filter in FCP. Compressor will do a better job, but be warned it can add extra hours to compressing when set at BEST.

Andrea Stewart
Producer/Editor/Director - Owner
Germane Creative LLC

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:17:28 pm

[Andrea Stewart] "Compressor will do a better job, but be warned it can add extra hours to compressing when set at BEST. "

But if you have a virtual cluster setup and are on a MacPro, it will add some time, but not hours.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

George Orallo
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:22:33 pm

Great thanks guys I'm out putting a 30 sec spot right now and it's about an hour, I don't have a Mac Pro yet we are up grading soon and I'm not quite sure how to set up a virtual cluster, I have probably about 100 30 sec spot and some Web content to output so and info on how to speed up the process would be great.

Thanks

'Be like water'

-Bruce Lee

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
on Jul 14, 2010 at 10:39:40 pm

I think these days even if you have one of the new i5 or i7 iMacs using a virtual cluster and frame controls is still reasonably fast, the i5 even managed to beat the latest mac pro entry levels in a lot of respects... So never fear, compressor is here!

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
Production Assistant, Grace Productions
Degree; TV Production

Return to posts index

George Orallo
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:30:06 pm

It still looks interlaced, I set the frame controls to best, do I need to adjust the anti-alas and details sliders? I am also resizing it to 640x48.

'Be like water'

-Bruce Lee

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:30:41 pm

No, but the output fields need to be set to progressive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]