FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback or Matchframe issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Stolzar
Playback or Matchframe issue
on Jul 12, 2010 at 9:16:49 pm

HI

I'm editing on an iMac with FCP 7. I'm working on a project where I download videos from youtube that people uploaded for us, convert them to ProRes and then cut them down to fine tune them. I've never had a problem with this workflow before, but all of a sudden, one of the videos is having a strange playback issue. When I play the sequence in the timeline, it goes smoothly. However, when I pause it the video jumps back about 14 frames even though the playhead stays put. The match frame is off as well. Has anybody ever encountered this issue before? How did you work around it?

Thanks
Scott Stolzar

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Playback or Matchframe issue
on Jul 12, 2010 at 10:07:01 pm

It sounds more like a conversion problem than an FCP problem. Have you double-checked that clip in the Browser to ensure that it really is ProRes? If it is, you might have to trash preferences to eliminate the possibility of FCP going weird on you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jul 12, 2010 at 11:01:03 pm

Try going back to the original source media and transcoding it again. Whenever I run into problems like this it's almost always related to 'bad media.' If that doesn't work take the ProRes file you have and transcode it same as source.

-Andrew

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Jul 13, 2010 at 3:23:40 pm

I'm not sure that I would count on a workflow based on YouTube to be consistent. They make changes to their video standards as needed and you could be left out in the cold. I would try to use another method of getting the video files.
Cheers,
Sacha Thomas

Return to posts index

Scott Stolzar
on Jul 13, 2010 at 4:25:25 pm

Thanks for all of the help. I'm going to look into another workflow for the next time we do a project like this. If you have any tips I'm all ears.

In the meantime, I was able to render the whole clip as a QT movie and that seems to have worked.

Thanks again!
Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]