FORUMS: list search recent posts

Generating Audio Change Lists from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trent Booth
Generating Audio Change Lists from FCP
on Jul 11, 2010 at 1:40:05 pm

Hi there

I have taken on work on my first low budget independent animated feature. I need to generate audio change lists for the audio post facility. What is the best way to do this without there being a Cinema Tools [CT] database already set up. I have tried a few options straight out of FCP and ie processing pre and post change XMLs from within CT but I either need a database to point to in order to obtain the correct lists OR only picture changes show up in the Change Lists? FYI I have come on this mid project so have not been here the whole time to create any kind of Cinema Tools database from the get go.

I have reviewed the related sections in the FCP and CT Manuals, trawled the net and The Cow forums and the best / most compelling solution I can come up with is a recommendation to export EDLs and upload them to Editrace.com to generate the list. I unsuccessfully tried a few options in trial mode on this site but am not getting the results that I expect to see.

If anyone can offer any straight forward workflow suggestions that should work with this kind of project asap it would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

BTW The media I am dealing with is 10Bit Uncompressed self contained QuickTimes generated from TIFF Image Sequences so there are obviously no Reel / Ink Numbers etc etc just basic ie ep###_sh### clip names and audio clip names based on individual character names are used only. The FCP Project settings at 10Bit Uncompressed 1280x720 @24.

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Generating Audio Change Lists from FCP
on Jul 11, 2010 at 9:27:21 pm

I use Editrace and the EDL route, but that doesn't work when file based projects do not have logged reel numbers. TIFF sequences I guess are impossible unless you make quicktimes of each clip and give them unique reel & timecode.

I flagged this a while ago on this forum that change lists with file based sources was going to become an increasing problem. Short answer is I don't know how you can generate a change list with your source material.

Return to posts index

Trent Booth
Re: Generating Audio Change Lists from FCP
on Jul 12, 2010 at 5:02:37 am

Hi Michael

Thank you for your reply.

All the TIFF Sequences have been encoded as 10 Bit Uncompressed QuickTimes. I have been able to generate a change list for these, but not a chance with my audio files. Have you or anyone heard of anything like a third party app or from within Pro Tools that can take pre and post XMLs or even OMFs and generate the lists or a suitable work path that way?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]