FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Nesting/Render Query

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Anderson
Final Cut Pro Nesting/Render Query
on Jul 11, 2010 at 12:53:59 pm

Hello -

I am trying to do a widescreen 1.85:1 matte on a show that runs about 90 minutes long. As a result, I figure to nest the whole thing into one sequence on a different timeline in the same project so I can lay the matte as one and adjust the few takes that need adjusting within the nest.

However, I am finding the not only must I re-render everything again in the new nested sequence, but now even clips that were not affected/rendered to begin with in my original editing now must be rendered in their corresponding positions on the nested sequence? I don't really understand why - what exactly needs to be rendered in these instances where there was no rendering at any point? What gives?

Can anyone advise or perhaps tell me in process what I am doing incorrectly? Is it possible to nest without having to re-render everything again seemingly so pointlessly? And is it better the mixdown the entire soundtrack when nesting?

My sequence settings are identical in both cases - I am working in DVCPRO 1080HD/30p codec - 48/16, etc... - however, I am rendering in 'best quality High Precision YUV' in both sequences, not RGB.

Thank You,
Tim

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Final Cut Pro Nesting/Render Query
on Jul 11, 2010 at 6:13:42 pm

Sort of strange I suppose. Try duplicating your first sequence and then with the renders intact, just nest it all. Do they still need rendering then?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]