FORUMS: list search recent posts

use pluraleyes to create merged clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiri Fiala
use pluraleyes to create merged clips?
on Jul 10, 2010 at 10:16:44 am

Hi! Is there a way to do this? It works flawlessly to sync audio and video, but I need the results to be merged clips. I tried to do it manually by matchframing, setting an In point and merging that way, but Pluraleyes seems to create a subclip for its sequences, not master clips, so it doesn't work.

How do you creeate merged clips with Pluraleyes? Tx

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: use pluraleyes to create merged clips?
on Jul 10, 2010 at 1:36:03 pm

Merged clips and Multiclips just aren't the same animal. Plural eyes was designed to sync cameras not audio to video per se... without audio for sync purposes between two clips, Plural eyes won't work... so don't think there's a way to make a merged clip with it...

There is software though that will. Phil Hodgetts has something that does this. http://www.AssistedEditing.com/Sync-N-Link/

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Jul 12, 2010 at 4:04:31 pm

We will be adding merged clips to the version 1.2 update, which is currently in beta. In the meantime the beta has a Replace audio feature that does something similar in the timeline.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.
http://www.singularsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Phil Bolles
on Mar 19, 2011 at 6:15:52 pm

Hi Bruce,

I'm using PluralEyes 1.2 --- could you explain where the "merge clip" feature is? This would greatly increase my productivity.

Best,
Phil

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Mar 19, 2011 at 7:29:52 pm

If you choose the sync option Replace audio, PluralEyes will create (1) an additional synced sequence with the audio replaced and (2) a set of merged clips in the Browser.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.

Return to posts index

Phil Bolles
on Mar 19, 2011 at 9:53:09 pm

Bruce,

Many thanks---works like a charm!

PB

Return to posts index

Aaron Robinson
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:56:13 pm

I thought this would be an amazing discovery, but a majority of my shots don't sync. Tried only three shots the second time and it synchronized two, but created havoc in the browser. Strong usage, but I wonder can you bypass the creation of sequences? And possibly isolate everything to a single bin and not the browser? I would like an assistant editor type solution, creating only merged clips in a single bin...

I guess ill have to continue to do it manually with narrative projects. Unless there is another product out there anyone?

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Jun 15, 2011 at 9:12:32 pm

You should have better sync success than that. I suggest you contact support. There is probably something simple that can be done to get it going.

PluralEyes will always create a sequence, but you can just delete it if you don't want it.

Not sure I understand the bin versus browser question. The merged clips are stored in a single bin in the browser.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Marlow
on Aug 23, 2011 at 3:28:50 pm

If you've already synced your clips using pluraleyes and did not use the function to create a merged clip from that process, can you do it after the fact?

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Aug 23, 2011 at 5:39:11 pm

To create merged clips after a sync, you can do it manually. For each pair of clips you want to merge, trim them in the timeline so that their in points match. Then drag them to the browser, select them and choose Modify > Merge clips. Synchronize based on in points.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.

Return to posts index

Drew Lahat
on Sep 25, 2011 at 11:49:30 am

There is a faster easier way: if you already have the clips synchronized in the timeline, link the right video to the right audio (Cmd+L), then just drag it to the browser. (You might have to unlink the original scratch audio first)
FCP will automatically created one merged clip in the browser.

Return to posts index

Dan Kruse
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:10:56 pm

Yes, I synced a bunch of sequences, and then found that what I wound up with was good, accurately-synced audio and video, with the old (camera) audio still there, on its own timeline. I could not find a way to place these into a clip bin without the resulting "clip" (actually a sequence) still having the old audio playing on it. so, if I understand this correctly, I should re-synch this footage, choosing the "replace" audio function when doing so, and I'll wind up with a new set of clips that I can then edit with in a normal function...have I got this right? And, the version of Pluraleyes that I'm working with is the "academic"; will this work with this version?

Return to posts index

Dan Kruse
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:16:36 pm

I have synced a bunch of footage using Pluraleyes (academic version) and find that I wind up with synced sequences that are just that -- sequences as opposed to "clips". when I try to move them to a clip bin, what I wind up with is still sequences, and the old "camera" audio continues to play along with the new, synced audio. So, if I'm understanding this correctly, I should re-sync these sequences, choosing the "replace audio" option, and then I'll wind up with both 1) synced sequences and also 2) a set of clips in that have the new audio only, and which I can then edit as with any other clip. Do I have this right? (forgive me, I'm new at this).

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:12:13 pm

Yes, that sounds right. If you run into any problems, I suggest you contact our support.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/submit.html

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.

Return to posts index

ross peacock
on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:12:22 pm

I have this issue too, I used the replace audio function and have a 'synced replaced' sequence now, however if I drag these supposedly audio replaced files out into the browser they seem to lose the replaced audio and have only their old audio. It is causing me some real problems, I've emailed support but have had no response yet...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]