FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing Black From Image and Exporting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Berwick
Removing Black From Image and Exporting
on Jul 9, 2010 at 5:43:28 pm

I have a problem where i used multiple sequences to chroma key different colors away from a football so that i could have only the spinning football as the button in DVD Studio Pro. Here's my problem. I chromakeyed out the black in the last sequence, but i want to know how to keep the black transparent when i export, because right now i have a problem where in DVD studio pro the colors are lighter when burned to dvd, and you can see the black square around the football button. How can i get rid of the black when i export? Please help, thanks.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Removing Black From Image and Exporting
on Jul 9, 2010 at 6:17:56 pm

Once you've lost the black in FCP and it's totally transparent, try exporting the video as ProRes 4444 which will preserve all of that alpha you're after.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Evan Berwick
on Aug 19, 2010 at 3:58:50 am

Thank you, but here is the problem. i am working with Final Cut Pro 5.1 and do not have ProRes 4444 or any of the ProRes Codecs to work with. i plan on upgrading to 7 as soon as i can find it cheap enough on ebay. thank you for the advice, now i know.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 19, 2010 at 4:22:27 am

Animation codec millions + also has an alpha channel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]