FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deafening audio distortion on timeline playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason O'Hara
Deafening audio distortion on timeline playback
on Jul 9, 2010 at 1:44:26 pm

I am having a recurring problem whereby I will suddenly get a massively loud crackling distortion blasting on the audio channel when playing back from the timeline. It happens randomly - I cannot recreate the issue - the problematic section will always playback without problems on any second attempt to recreate the issue.

I've been using headphones to monitor and am seriously concerned about permanent hearing damage - the noise is SO LOUD. Any thoughts what might be causing this?

Return to posts index

Tony Manolikakis
Re: Deafening audio distortion on timeline playback
on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:43:15 pm

The one time I experienced this it was a corrupt audio file. We used a file transfer service to receive the final mix from the audio studio, and somewhere ( upload-download etc ) something went wrong. New file, all good.

Tony Manolikakis
Rev13 Films

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Deafening audio distortion on timeline playback
on Jul 9, 2010 at 4:03:20 pm

Make sure the sample rate of all your audio matches the sequence setting (usually 48K). If it's not, FCP will try to convert on the fly, and sometimes will choke (and cause distortion, pops, crackling). Also make sure you are not using compressed audio of any kind (mp3, aac, m4a) anywhere in your timeline. Use QT Pro, Compressor, or iTunes to convert any offending audio files to 48k stereo AIFF files.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]