FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Media Manager crashes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gyrga pitich
FCP Media Manager crashes
on Jul 9, 2010 at 1:10:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I have a full HD project with lots of video (about 1 TB) and I'm trying to manage this project and remove the non used media. I am using the option "copy" media and I'm not marking "delete unused media" box.
When the process is started it goes for some time (maybe minute or so) and then FCP crashes. Some ideas where the problem comes from? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP Media Manager crashes
on Jul 9, 2010 at 6:25:23 pm

For starters if you're trying to truncate clips, you need to turn ON removed unused media... but that's likely not your problem. Sounds like you have some corrupted media there. What is the media format and how did you capture it, or create it? What codec is involved? Uncompressed HD or HDV or?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

gyrga pitich
on Jul 10, 2010 at 9:29:22 am

It's shot on ARRI D21 and recorded as a file on a AJA recorder in HD res and Apple ProRes compression. I don't think it's corrupted because it's working fine either in a FCP timeline or in QT player. And it's not happening on a same percentage - it may happen on the first percert or on the 50th... and it's not happening all the time - sometimes it works fine (in the same project with the same media). Complicated, I know... :(

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jul 10, 2010 at 1:44:39 pm

The drives you're using are all Mac OS extended? A raid? or? Are you copying to the same drive?

Media Manager works very well usually BTW.. I don't think you have corrupted media either. AJA's Ki Pro is one fine piece of kit.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

gyrga pitich
on Jul 11, 2010 at 12:59:50 pm

Yes, all drives are extended and yes I'm using raid...I'm copying from PROAVIO EXTERNAL drive to another drive (external) - G-Raid Gen4 4 TB EMEA. Everything is fine when importing, editing, exporting... just this specific case with media managment - and it's not happening regularly...

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jul 11, 2010 at 6:11:42 pm

When you say it's not happening regularly, what do you mean. It does work but only sometimes with this current project?

Post the OS, version of FCP and QuickTime you're running.

Also, You see no other problems, right? How many clips are involved with the media manager routine? Are you selecting sequences or just clips or both for media management?

Jerry

Return to posts index

gyrga pitich
on Jul 13, 2010 at 2:05:41 pm

Yes , It does work - sometimes crashes...with this and the other projects - I have to try several times to suceed...

OSX 10.6.3

FCP 7.0.2

QT Version 10.0 (113)

No other problems. Maybe more than 500 (videos are Color renders, audios are from the original media). I have only one sequence in the project - just copied from other projects into this seq.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]