FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam with seperatly recorded audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie Gibbon
Multicam with seperatly recorded audio
on Jul 9, 2010 at 12:17:40 pm

We are working on a 2 camera shoot with seperatly recorded audio.
We want to make a multi-cam clip for each slate. This seperate audio has 8 channels and the video clips have no guide audio.

I am marking the sync points using the in points on the 2 video tracks and 1 audio track. I am then selecting them in the browser, selcting make multiclip and syncing them up.

The problem with this is that it makes the audio clip as a 'seperate' angle & when you switch angle to the video, it no longer plays audio.

Is there a way to set the audio track as a master so you only switch between the video clips and always hear the master audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robbie Gbbon

Return to posts index

jon smitherton
Re: Multicam with seperatly recorded audio
on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:18:02 pm

You can assign audio as a master separately - select audio via playhead sync in viewer window - check this tutorial:

Otherwise lay down the audio on the timeline (which is quite handy for cutting to music with being able to see the audio waveform) and just switch the vision.

Jon

Return to posts index

Robbie Gibbon
Re: Multicam with seperatly recorded audio
on Jul 14, 2010 at 10:45:30 am

Thanks Jon,

I ended up syncing everything in timeline with the 2 video layers and 8 audio channels. I then went through linking the audio to camA & dragging into a bin. I then did the same linking the audio to camB. I then created a multiclip with these 2 new clips in the browser. This way no matter which angle the editor switched to it maintained the same audio.

Thanks for your help.

Robbie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]