FORUMS: list search recent posts

Direct to Timeline capturing/reording

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jürgen Hackl
Direct to Timeline capturing/reording
on Jul 9, 2010 at 11:43:08 am

Hi!

We all know it from audio recording software. There you can playback some tracks and record to another track at the same time. Does anyone know a software product where I can do the same thing with video? I want to playback the timeline and record different clips into that timeline as well and transfer the clips later to FCP or any NLE Software.

J

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Direct to Timeline capturing/reording
on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:07:23 pm

What is the source of your record?

Mxf4mac supports "growing" mxf files while in FCP but you'd need way to record the files to mxf.

http://mxf4mac.com/update-fcp-media

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 9, 2010 at 4:07:26 pm

I have never used the feature, but Avid has had direct to timeline capture for many years.

Return to posts index

Jürgen Hackl
on Jul 13, 2010 at 8:04:10 am

Thank you for the suggestions. But I think these solutions won't fit my requirements. I couldn't find the feature of the Mxf to playback and record at the same time. The Avid solution might work but I think I'd need the NewsCutter Mojo with the Hardware which is much to mighty for this job.

Basically I want to send video to a teleprompter and synchronize the recorded stream to this video automatically. It would work if there is a possibility to send the video with an embedded timecode out of the computer - the video goes to the prompter, the time code goes to the camera.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2010 at 2:08:14 pm

What format/frame rate are you planning on recording and will your camera have tc in?

Return to posts index

Jürgen Hackl
on Jul 13, 2010 at 2:14:52 pm

We are planning to film with a EX1 that has no TC in. But it has SDI-out and we can capture the signal with a decklink multibridge.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2010 at 3:38:14 pm

[Jürgen Hackl] "We are planning to film with a EX1 that has no TC in. "

But your goal is to match the tc with the prompter output, correct?

What frame rate? What format (1080/720)?

Return to posts index

Jürgen Hackl
on Jul 13, 2010 at 4:38:14 pm

Yes, exactly. I want to match the tc with the prompter output. If it is necessary I could also use a camera with TC in, I just don't know how I can get the TC from my (for example) FCP-timeline to the prompter and the recording camera.

Format will be 1080p25 ...

Jürgen

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2010 at 5:22:14 pm

They way I would do this (and of course there are different ways) is to use a device(s) that actually support LTC.

The AJA Kona LHi, ioHD, ioExpress and KiPro support LTC in and out.

So, from the timeline out, you could have a laptop with an ioHD or ioExpress that is playing back the footage and then you simply hook up the LTC out to the LTC in of the camera. Since you don't have a camera with LTC in, you can record the output of the camera to something like a KiPro which also supports LTC in. So the LTC out of the FCP timeline and the LTC in of the recording device will be connected.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jürgen Hackl
on Jul 14, 2010 at 7:17:41 am

Hi Jeremy!

Thank you very much! I think that will work.

Jürgen

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 14, 2010 at 3:18:43 pm

[Jürgen Hackl] "Thank you very much! I think that will work"

No worries. Let me know how it goes or if you have any more questions, please ask.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]